Monday, March 7, 2011

Couponing tryout...

I've decided to jump on the coupon bandwagon and try to save some money. I have researched some coupon blogs, watched "Extreme Couponing", and have spent a few hours trying to figure out how so many people are saving hundreds and some even thousands of dollars with coupons. I still don't understand how it is possible for people to purchase $2000 worth of groceries and only spend $60---with all the coupons I have there is a limit of how many items you can buy, how many coupons you can use etc; how does a person go in and buy 60 jars of spaghetti sauce and 200 boxes of cereal? Hmmmmmm- Anywhoo-I went to the store on Saturday. I made the mistake and took all the kids---not a good idea if you want to have a coupon system and you need to read and check off your list---next time at least 2 of them will stay home. I will also choose a better time to go--in the morning during the week-not as many crazy people who will actually run you over with their cart. Who cares if you have a cart full of groceries, 2 children following behind, and trying to hold a baby while pushing the cart; I can't believe how rude people can be. I wouldn't say I'm an extreme coupon expert-but I did alright. I chose to shop at Fred Meyer because they had a special cart buster sale going on and I get a discount on certain things since Devin is an employee---for me, a better shopping trip than dragging the family to Walmat. I ended up purchasing 45 items, with a savings of $41.00 with aprox a 48% savings rate. Not too shabby.




The other day I got the camera out and took some photos of Kyra and me. I'm not looking too supermodel like-but Kyra sure is a cutie.


Look how big she's getting.



I just had to take a few pictures of the kids-they are all such hams when it comes to the camera.








No comments: